Hello, Tumblr! Presenting: Our Favorite Lit-Minded Tumblrs
After an incredible meeting with Tumblr literary high priestess, Rachel Fershleiser, we are ready to unveil the shiny new Black Balloon Tumblr! On it, you’ll find exclusive odds and ends from our books, outtakes from our blog, photos from events and parties, and anything worth reblogging from our literary friends and allies. To commemorate such an occasion, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite literary Tumblrs. Do yourself a favor and follow all these blogs immediately. Your cat-filled, Ryan Gosling-studded dashboard will thank you.
Book Storey: For the extremely detail-oriented design bibliophiles, this collection of rare books will make you swoon. Recommended for people who spend way too much time in the Strand’s Rare Book Room.
Fishing Boat Proceeds: YA author, John Green, is a Tumbly messiah, herding masses of “nerdfighters” to do outrageous things like register to vote and donate to Kiva. If you want to know that the kids are up to these days, jump on his bandwagon.
Underground NYPL: Forget the Sartorialist. This is the street style blog you want to be caught on. Subway riders reading, with the occasional e-reader thrown in for good measure.
Rachel Fershleiser: Obviously.
On the Strand: UK Penguin’s Tumblr ain’t the standard huge publishing blog. They post never-before-seen bits and pieces from their books, and if you’re lucky you can catch an early glimpse of soon-to-be bestsellers, like they did with Zadie Smith’s NW a couple of months ago.
The Collected Blurbs of Gary Shteyngart: Yes, he really did blurb this blurb blog. But this is handy to follow, should you ever need a crash course in book blurbing.
The Composites: “Images created using a commercially available law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters.” Either extremely beautiful or extremely upsetting, depending how you imagined Katniss Everdeen to look like.
Book Stalker: Again, obviously.
Bookshelf Porn: A visual case against e-readers.
Better Book Titles: One of the many Tumblrs that has went on to a (well deserved!) book deal but continues to post funny content.
Slaughterhouse 90210: Imperative for anyone who’s ever wondered what would happen to the time-space continuum if Edith Wharton and Blair Waldorf ever crossed paths.
- 52projects likes this
- nightowlknitlit likes this
- responsive-web-design reblogged this from blackballoonpublishing
- rachelfershleiser likes this
- healthychoicepudding likes this
- inexorablist likes this
- okthebesttenzin likes this
- 4rtless5incerity likes this
- astray-thought reblogged this from blackballoonpublishing
- astray-thought likes this
- myyearofflife likes this
- nowavailableinthesky likes this
- karanablue reblogged this from blackballoonpublishing
- neverbabylon likes this
- waterlostinthesea likes this
- lifeofaveggie likes this
- longtallciara likes this
- notsquared likes this
- apoesiaesta likes this
- avanelle likes this
- intrinsicpowersoftheuniverse likes this
- owlletyouin likes this
- machoturbo likes this
- life-insane likes this
- writersrelief likes this
- whateverdose likes this
- onehumangallery likes this
- you-aremyonlysunshine likes this
- charmingpplincardigans likes this
- yeahwriters reblogged this from blackballoonpublishing and added:
- betterbooktitles likes this
- puzzlingcreativity likes this
- thisbejohn likes this
- This was featured in #Lit
- memorypile likes this
- jacketparty likes this
- daydreamingisahobby likes this
- daydreamingisahobby reblogged this from books
- luvst0ned likes this
- theramblingfangirl likes this
- allons-y-ennui likes this
- books reblogged this from blackballoonpublishing and added:
- blackballoonpublishing posted this